The Admit Card for the Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) Exam is expected to be released on January 16, 2022 on the official website of Gujarat SET. This year’s exam will take place on January 23, 2022 after being rescheduled from December 2021. Once official, candidates will be able to download the admit card for the GSET Exam from the official website – gujaratset.ac.in.
The GSET exam is an eligibility entrance exam conducted to select competent applicants for Assistant Professor positions at colleges around Gujarat. The GSET test is administered by the Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) Agency, which is based at the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda in Vadodara. GSET is a once-a-year state-level online assessment. The candidates appearing for GSET Exam must be more than 18 years; however, there is no upper age limit to apply. Candidates can begin their application by referring to the official website, the entire process to apply is online. GSET updates its vacancies on the official website and also in leading newspapers for online applications. Candidates waiting for the official notification regarding GSET Recruitment 2022, meanwhile, can start practicing previous years’ papers to upskill their learning skills.
GSET Exam 2022: Key Highlights
The table below lists the key highlights of the GSET exam for aspiring candidates.
|Name of the Exam||Gujarat State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Post Name/Purpose of the exam||Assistant Professor|
GSET Exam Notification 2022
Notification for the 2022 GSET examination is not released yet. For the latest updates, candidates can refer to the official website. GSET Exam Notification 2022 includes details related to eligibility criteria, application procedure, total vacancies, and much more. It is an important piece of information, considering the same, candidates can submit their GSET exam applications.
GSET Exam Dates 2022: Tentative Dates
The dates mentioned below in the table are tentative dates based on the previous year’s examination dates.
|Events||GSET Exam Date (Tentative)|
|GSET 2021 Admit Card Date||January 16, 2022 (Tentative)|
|GSET 2021 Exam Date||January 23, 2022|
|GSET 2022 Notification||June 2022|
|Online Application Process||June 2022|
|Admit Card||To be Announced|
|GSET Exam||January 2023|
|Answer Key||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
GSET Eligibility Criteria 2022: Age Limit, Educational Qualification, & Others
Age, minimum educational qualification, domicile condition, and the relaxation granted to candidates in the reserved category are all part of the GSET eligibility criteria. Before registering for the GSET 2022 exam, candidates should review the qualifying requirements.
GSET Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification
This exam is only open to applicants who have obtained their Master’s degree. The subject chosen for the Master’s Program must be approved by the UGC. If the candidate’s selected subject is not in the UGC’s GSET list, he or she must take the UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET test, which is held twice a year. The Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi, must approve candidates with any of the following degrees.
- Post Graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute (or)
- Foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University / Institute
Following the GSET result, these applicants will be required to present an equivalency certificate from AIU.
GSET Eligibility Criteria: Age limit
The candidates appearing for GSET Exam must be more than 18 years. The Gujarat SET test has no upper age limit. Candidates are eligible to apply if they meet the other requirements.
GSET Eligibility Criteria: Domicile Criterion
The GSET tests are mostly for Gujarati candidates. Candidates from other states are welcome to apply, but those in reserved categories will not be offered any accommodations. All other applicants, except those from Gujarat, shall be classified as General Category.
- Candidates from the General or General-EWS categories will be entitled to the same relaxation as students from the SC/ST/PwD(PH/VH) categories. They will benefit from fee, age, and qualifying criteria for the GSET Exam being relaxed.
- Also, in the related topics, the cut-offs for this category will be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD(PH/VH)/SEBC – NCL.
- To qualify for the relaxation benefits, candidates in these reserved groups must have appropriate documentation.
Important Note- If it is discovered at any point during the process that the candidate does not meet the above-mentioned standards, he or she will be rejected and will not be allowed to proceed.
GSET Application Process 2022: How to Apply?
The GSET exam application form has been made available on the official website. Each applicant must guarantee his or her eligibility by reviewing the GSET 2022 eligibility criteria as provided by the conducting authorities before filling out the registration form. The application process for the GSET 2022 exam begins with the payment of the application fee and finishes with the candidate’s registration.
GSET Application Process: Online Registration for GSET Examination
The detailed application process is mentioned below:
- Candidates must have a scanned passport size colored photograph in JPG format before applying online for the GSET 2022 exam. The file must be within 100 KB.
- The candidates have to visit the GSET website and log in using the order number and SBI epay Reference ID to fill out the GSET 2022 application form by clicking the “Apply Online” link beneath the candidate’s login profile.
- Candidates must carefully fill out the information on the online application form and follow the on-screen directions for doing so. Provide all of your basic information, including your name, subject, center, category, etc. among other things.
- Review all of the details before submitting the application form, since no changes may be made once it has been submitted.
- The candidate must take a printout of the filled online GSET 2022 application form after successful submission and confirmation. The candidate is required to maintain and preserve the application form printed for future reference.
GSET 2022 Application Process: Examination Fee
To pay the cost, the candidate must first go to the GSET’s official website, www.gujaratset.ac.in. Only Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, or UPI can be used to pay the examination fee and processing charges, which include the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
The application fees for all of the GSET 2022 exam categories are listed below.
|General/ SEBC (Non-creamy layer)/ EWS/ Candidates||INR 900/ plus bank charges.|
|ST/ SC / Transgender Candidates||INR 700 plus bank charges.|
|PWD (PH /VH) Candidates||INR 100 plus bank charges.|
GSET Admit Card 2022
Candidates can obtain their GSET Admit Card over the internet. GSET 2022 Roll No will not be mailed or emailed to you. Only the Online option will be used to download your Admit Card. As you may be aware, the Admit Card/Hall Ticket is critical for all applicants participating in GSET 2022.
Steps to Download GSET Admit card
Since GSET admit card is an important document, so all applicants must download GSET Admit Card before taking the exam.
- Step 1: Go to the official website link mentioned in highlights.
- Step 2:Input login details, such as registration number and password/DOB.
- Step 3: Select the login option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Candidates must get a copy of their GSET to admit card.
- Step 5: Keep it aside for future use.
Details mentioned in GSET 2022 Admit Card
- Candidate’s name
- Date of birth of the candidate
- Category of candidate
- Exam date
- Exam timings
- Address of the exam center
- Candidate Photograph
- Candidate signature
- Exam instructions
GSET 2022 Exam Pattern
The Gujarat Government administers the State Eligibility Test (GSET) to determine candidates’ eligibility for Assistant Professor positions in Gujarat’s institutions and colleges. Candidates who pass the Gujarat State Eligibility Test will be entitled to apply for Assistant Professor positions and will be subject to the norms and regulations for Assistant Professor recruitment established by the concerned colleges/universities/State Government of Gujarat.
There are two papers in the GSET Exam. Both papers have solely objective questions and are divided into two sessions, as shown below.
|GEST Paper||Total Questions||Marks|
|Paper I||50 questions all are compulsory||100|
|Paper II||100 questions all are compulsory||200|
GEST Exam: Marking Scheme
The correct response to each question in paper 1 and paper 2 will get you +2 points. Both papers don’t have any negative marking. Paper-I will be held at the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda in the first session. Paper-II, on the other hand, will be held in the second session.
- Both papers are three hours long.
- The first paper will be generic. The ability to teach and do research will be evaluated accordingly. Questions about reasoning skills, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness will be asked. It’s worth noting that only 50 questions will be required.
- Paper 2 contains questions on the candidate’s chosen subject, with the majority of them being mandatory.
- There were no deductions for wrong responses.
- There is no provision for paper re-evaluation.
GSET Syllabus 2022
The syllabus and subjects listed below are taken from the official website. As a result, students can rely on the information provided below to begin their preparation for the GSET 2022 exam.
GSET Syllabus: For Mathematical Sciences
- Analysis- Elementary set theory, finite, countable, and uncountable sets, Real number system as a complete ordered field, supremum, infimum, archimedean property, Metric spaces, connectedness, etc.
- Linear Algebra- Vector spaces, linear dependence, basis, dimension, algebra of linear transformations, subspaces, Eigenvalues and eigenvectors, Algebra of matrices, rank, etc.
- Complex Analysis: The complex plane, polynomials, power series, Algebra of complex numbers, transcendental functions such as exponential, trigonometric and hyperbolic functions, Analytic functions, etc.
- Algebra- Combinations, pigeon-hole principle, inclusion-exclusion principle, Permutations, Derangements, Fundamental theorem of arithmetic, divisibility in Z, congruences, Chinese Remainder Theorem, etc.
- Topology: basis, dense sets, connectedness and compactness, subspace and product topology, separation axioms.
- Ordinary Differential Equations (ODEs)- Existence and uniqueness of solutions of initial value problems for first-order ordinary differential equations, singular solutions of first-order ODEs, a system of first-order ODEs, General theory of homogeneous and non-homogeneous linear ODEs, etc.
- Partial Differential Equations (PDEs): Method of separation of variables for Laplace, Heat, and Wave equations, Classification of second-order PDEs, General solution of higher-order PDEs with constant coefficients, etc.
- Numerical Analysis- Numerical solutions of algebraic equations, Rate of convergence, Solution of systems of linear algebraic equations using Gauss elimination and Gauss-Seidel methods, etc.
- Calculus of Variations: Euler-Lagrange equation, Variation of a functional, Necessary and sufficient conditions for extrema. Variational methods for boundary value problems in ordinary and partial differential equations.
- Linear Integral Equations: Characteristic numbers and eigenfunctions, resolvent kernel, Linear integral equation of the first and second kind of Fredholm and Volterra type, Solutions with separable kernels.
- Classical Mechanics: Lagrange’s equations, Generalized coordinates, Hamilton’s canonical equations, Hamilton’s principle and the principle of least action, Euler’s dynamical equations for the motion of a rigid body about an axis, the theory of small oscillations, Two-dimensional motion of rigid bodies.
- Descriptive statistics, exploratory data analysis, Sample space, Bayes theorem, Modes of convergence, Limit theorems (i.i.d. case), Independent random variables, etc.
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Physical Sciences
Part A ” Core”
- Mathematical Methods of Physics- Dimensional analysis, Linear algebra, matrices, Vector algebra, and vector calculus, matrices, Cayley-Hamilton, Central limit theorem, etc.
- Classical Mechanics- Newton’s laws, relativistic kinematics, and mass-energy equivalence, Non-inertial frames and pseudo forces, Conservation laws and cyclic coordinates, etc.
- Electromagnetic Theory- Electrostatics: Gauss’s law and its applications, Magnetostatics: Biot-Savart law, Ampere’s theorem, dary value problems, Magnetostatics: Biot-Savart law, etc.
- Quantum Mechanics- Wave-particle duality, Tunneling through a barrier, Motion in a central potential: orbital angular momentum, etc.
- Thermodynamic and Statistical Physics- Laws of thermodynamics and their consequences, Maxwell relations, Thermodynamic potentials, phase equilibria, etc.
- Electronics and Experimental Methods- Semiconductor devices (diodes, junctions, transistors, field-effect devices, homo- and hetero-junction devices), Operational amplifiers and their applications, etc.
Part B ” Advanced”
- Mathematical Methods of Physics- Green’s function, Finite difference methods, Tensors, Elements of computational techniques: the root of functions, interpolation, extrapolation, integration by trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule, etc.
- Classical Mechanics- Dynamical systems, invariance, and Noether’s theorem. Hamilton-Jacobi theory, etc.
- Electromagnetic Theory- Dispersion relations in plasma, Transmission lines and waveguides, etc.
- Quantum Mechanics- Relativistic quantum mechanics: Klein-Gordon and Dirac equations, etc.
- Thermodynamic and Statistical Physics- Diamagnetism, paramagnetism, and ferromagnetism. Ising model, etc.
- Electronics and Experimental Methods- Linear and nonlinear curve fitting, chi-square test, amplification (Op-amp based, instrumentation amp, feedback), etc.
- Atomic & Molecular Physics- Quantum states of an electron in an atom, Quantum states of an electron in an atom, etc.
- Condensed Matter Physics- Josephson junctions, Superfluidity, Defects and dislocations, Ordered phases of matter: translational and orientational order, etc.
- Nuclear and Particle Physics- Nature of the nuclear force, a form of nucleon-nucleon potential, charge-independence, and charge-symmetry of nuclear forces. Deuteron problem, etc.
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Chemical Sciences
- Inorganic Chemistry- Chemical periodicity, Transition elements, and coordination compounds: structure, bonding theories, spectral and magnetic properties, reaction mechanisms, etc.
- Physical Chemistry- Basic principles of quantum mechanics, Approximate methods of quantum mechanics, Atomic structure and spectroscopy, Chemical bonding in diatomics, Chemical applications of group theory, Molecular spectroscopy, etc.
- Organic Chemistry- IUPAC nomenclature of organic molecules including regio- and stereoisomers, Principles of stereochemistry, Aromaticity, Chemistry of natural products, Pericyclic reactions, Asymmetric synthesis, etc.
- Interdisciplinary topics- Chemistry in nanoscience and technology, Catalysis and green chemistry, Medicinal chemistry, Supramolecular chemistry, Environmental chemistry.
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Life Sciences
- Molecules and their Interaction Relevant to Biology
- Cellular Organization
- Fundamental Processes
- Cell Communication and Cell
- Developmental Biology
- Methods in Biology
- Applied Biology
- Evolution and Behavior, etc.
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Sanskrit
- General Introduction of Vedic Literature: Main theories regarding the Vedās, Saṁhitā Literature, Dialogue Hymns, Brāhamaṇa-Literature, Āraṇyaka Literature, Vedāṅgas.
- Specific Study of Vedic Literature
- Darśana Literature: Special Study- Īśvarakṛṣna, Bādarāyaṇa, Laugākṣibhāskara; Arthasaṁgraha, etc.
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For History
- Negotiating the Sources: Archaeological sources: Exploration, Excavation, Myths, Legends, etc.
- Pastoralism and Food production
- Indus/Harappa Civilization
- Vedic and later Vedic periods
- Expansion of State system
- From State to Empire: Rise of Magadha
- Dissolution of Empire and Emergence of Regional Powers
- Gupta Vakataka age, etc.
- Society and Culture
- Sources of Modern Indian History
- Colonial Economy
- Rise of Indian Nationalism, etc.
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Sociology
- Classical Sociological Traditions
- Structural- Functionalism, and Structuralism
- Hermeneutic and Interpretive Traditions
- Postmodernism, Post Structuralism and Post Colonialism
- Indian Thinkers
- Conceptualizing Social Reality
- Social Change and Processes
- Rural and Peasant Society
- Urban Society
- Political Processes in India
- Social Movements and Protests
- Science, Technology, and Society,etc.
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Economics
- Micro Economics
- Macro Economics
- Statistics and Econometrics
- Mathematical Economics
- International Economics
- Public Economics
- Money & Banking
- Growth and Development of Economics
- Environmental Economics and Demography
- Indian Economy
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Political Science
- Political Theory
- Political Thought
- Indian Political Thought
- Comparative Political Analysis
- International Relations
- India’s Foreign Policy
- Political Institutions in India
- Political Processes in India
- Public Administration
- Governance and Public Policy in India
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Psychology
- Emergence of Psychology
- Research Methodology and Statistics
- Psychological testing
- The biological basis of behavior
- Attention, Perception, Learning, Memory, and Forgetting
- Thinking, Intelligence and Creativity
- Personality, Motivation, emotion, stress, and coping
- Social Psychology
- Human Development and Interventions
- Emerging Areas
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For English
- Fiction, Short story
- Non-Fictional Prose
- Language: Basic concepts, theories, and pedagogy. English in Use.
- English in India: history, evolution, and futures
- Cultural Studies
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Theory post World War II
- Research Methods and Materials in English
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Library and Information Science
- Data, Information, Knowledge, and Wisdom
- Historical Development of Libraries in India; Committees and Commissions on Libraries in India.
- Information Sources – Nature, Characteristics, Types, and Formats.
- Computer Technology
- Library Automation
- Research – Concept, Purpose, Functions, Scope, and Ethics; Types of Research – Basic and Applied, Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary.
- Academic Library and Information System
GSET 2022 Syllabus:For Law
- Constitutional & Administrative Law
- Public International Law & IHL
- Law of Crimes
- Law of Torts & Consumer Protection
- Commercial Law
- Family Law
- Environment & Human Rights Law
- Intellectual Property Rights & Information Technology Law
- Comparative Public Law & Systems of Governance
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Commerce
- Business Environment and International Business
- Accounting and Auditing
- Income-tax and Corporate Tax Planning
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Business Finance
- Business Economics
- Business Management and Human Resource Management
- Business Statistics and Research Methods
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Marketing Management
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Management
- Decision Making
- Managerial Economics
- Value-Based Organisation
- Group Behaviour
- Emotions and Stress Management
- Capital Structure, etc.
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Computer Science & Applications
- Discrete Structures and Optimization
- Computer System Architecture
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Data Communication and Computer Networks
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Earth Science
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences
- Mineralogy & Petrology
- Structural Geology & Geotectonics
- Paleontology & Its Applications
- Sedimentology & Stratigraphy
- Physical Meteorology
- Atmospheric Electricity
- Cloud Physics
- Chemical Oceanography
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Physical Education
- Teaching Aptitude
- Physical education and adapted physical education
- Social aspects of sports
- Management- its principles and theories
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Home Science
- Food Science & Food Service Management
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Apparel Designing
- Resource Management & Consumer Issues
- Housing & Interior Design
- Child/Human Development
- Family Studies
- Communication for Development
- Extension Management & Community Development
GSET 2022 Syllabus: For Social Work
- Nature and Development of Social Work
- Areas of Social Work Practice
- Research in Social Work
- Social Work with Individuals and Groups
- Indian Constitution, Social Justice, Human Rights, and Social Work Practice
GSET Best Books for Preparation 2022
GSET books play an important role in exam preparations. Some of the GSET books, which candidates can refer to while preparing for the GSET exam include:
|Books for Life sciences||Authors|
|Schaum’s Outline of Human Anatomy and Physiology||Van De Graaff Kent M.|
|Developmental Biology||Scott. F. Gilbert|
|Books for Chemical Sciences||Authors|
|A Logical Approach in Chemistry for CSIR/NET/JRF and GATE (Problems and their Solutions)||Jagdamba Singh, Ashutosh Singh, Jaya Singh|
|Molecular Quantum Mechanics||Peter W Atkins, Ronald S Friedman|
|Books for 2022 Physical Sciences||Authors|
|Modern Physics and Solid State Physics (Problems & Solutions)||S O Pillai|
|CSIR-UGC NET (JRF & LS) Physical Science||W Malemnganba Chenglei|
|Books for Mathematical Sciences||Authors|
|Complex Variables and Applications (Brown and Churchill)||Ruel Churchill, James Brown|
|CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET Mathematical Sciences||Alok Kumar (Upkar)|
|Books for Earth, Ocean, Atmospheric & Planetary Sciences||Authors|
|Physical Geography||Savindra Singh|
|An Objective Earth Sciences||S Ahmad|
GSET Answer Key 2022
After the exam, the official website will post a preliminary answer key. Candidates can look at the answer key and compare it to their answers to gain a sense of their probable score. Candidates can review their responses and challenge the conducting authority if they identify any questions that could be marked correctly. The question will be answered in front of a panel of experts, who will assess the response and reach a decision.
GSET Result 2022: How to Check?
The GSET result is released shortly after the GSET answer key is released. It will be available on the recruitment body’s official website. After the GSET results are announced, candidates must retain the online application form with them. Because it will come in handy during the hiring process.
How to Check GSET Exam Result 2022
Following is the step-by-step guide for checking GSET exam result 2022:
- Visit the official website of GSET.
- On the main page, click on the latest notification link.
- Now tap on the appropriate result link for the applied post
- Click on the link named as shortlisted candidates for the selection process for the post.
Candidates can check GSET results in PDF file format by mentioning their name and roll number in the search box. Candidates are suggested to keep a hardcopy of their
GSET Cut Off Marks: Previous Years’ Cut Off
All applicants are advised to examine the cut-off marks for the competitions they wish to enter for at least the previous two years. The cut off marks from the previous year serve as a foundation for defining the marking scale for subsequent years.
Gujarat SET Cut Off Marks 2019
Candidates can check cut off marks for the years 2019 and 2018. The exam in 2021 has been postponed owing to COVID.
Gujarat SET Cut Off Marks 2018
Factors Affecting GSET Cut Off Marks
The cut-off list is influenced by several factors. Candidates should keep an eye on the factors because they might be quite important at times. The following are the various elements that influence cut off Marks based on historical data:
- Number of vacancies
- Total number of applicants
- Difficulty of paper
- Category of applicants
- Performance of candidates
Candidates can expect to earn between INR 41,000 and INR 45,000 per month in the first phase, depending on their scores, skills, and colleges.
GSET is an eligibility exam for assistant professors. Candidates who are willing to become professors can apply for this. State-level government job so it’s a secure job. you can become a professor by getting experience and the salary will also increase with promotion.
GSET Exam 2022: FAQs
Ques. What is the exam pattern for the GSET?
Ques. Where is the application form available? Is it available in offline mode?
Ques. What is the language of the conduction of GSET?
Ques. Is the candidate need their login credentials to download the provisional answer key?
Ques. Is a master’s degree compulsory for the GSET exam?
Ques. How to prepare for the GSET exam?
Ques. How many times GSET exam is conducted in a year?